Wednesday, June 10, 2015

i am done with my graceless heart...so tonight i'm gonna cut it out and then restart

I feel like I've been hit between the eyes with a brick, so it may be time to put down the screens and go to bed. Today was mostly fine, albeit fairly unproductive; I didn't get up as early as intended because the rain soothed me back to sleep after a somewhat restless night, and the rain also kept me from wanting to walk to any cafes this morning, which meant that I got very little accomplished at home. Then I drove to the south bay to see Alyssa; since she'd tortured me on Monday and I had reabused my quads by walking five miles yesterday, the foam rolling and other stretches were fairly brutal, but it was good to see her.

After Alyssa, I showered, grabbed lunch, and then meet a couple of writer friends for a writing date in San Mateo. I didn't get much, but at least I got something. Then I came home, took care of some tings, and met up with Dave for an earlyish dinner in the Marina, which was a straight-up jhoke. We had salads instead of wine, so I won't be hungover tomorrow, but I probably should have stayed home and worked rather than socializing so much - this book isn't going to write itself, and I need to focus a lot more clearly in the next few weeks (months, years) if I'm going to achieve what I want to achieve.

sssanyway, there's time for that tomorrow. Dave gave me a ride home and we parted ways, and then I succumbed to the headache that had been brewing all day (but happily I have health insurance again, so if this turns out to be a tumor, I have coverage! yay!). But I'm hopeful that water and sleep and ibuprofen (my trifecta of wonder drugs) will take care of that so I can write tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: