Thursday, June 11, 2015

i guess that i, i just thought, maybe we could find new ways to fall apart

My headache persisted when I woke up this morning, which threw a shadow over my day...but I think I've sufficiently rallied, so I have very high hopes, grand plans, huge aspirations, etc., etc. for the weekend. I want to make a lot of progress in the next four days so that I can leave for Texas feeling like things are coming together, so it's time to make it happen.

Today wasn't all bad, though. I laid in bed for awhile willing the headache to subside, and I eventually dragged myself out of bed and into some clothes so that I could go to Another Cafe to work. I was there too late to check up on my possibly infidelious lovebirds, but I wrote a couple of pages in my notebook while drinking an iced latte, so that I was good. Then I came home and enjoyed a very long, very lovely hangout date with Ritu (aka riturani) - we hadn't talked in a few months, and we had a lot to catch up on since I left my job/went on vacation and she went to Nepal to help with disaster relief there, among other things going on in her life. So we talked for approximately ninety minutes, which is never enough but was a great way to spend my early afternoon.

After Ritu and I parted ways, I ate the rest of my leftover salad from last night (happily, Past Sara didn't pick all the bacon and chicken out of the salad like she usually does, so the leftover half of the salad was actually pretty tasty) while engaging in some desultory gchatting with Terry. And then I spent the late afternoon at Philz on Golden Gate, where I messed around in my notebook some more while caffeinating myself in hopes that caffeine would help the headache (verdict: no).

But I ended the evening at Lauren and Nathan's, where I shamelessly ate their soup and drank their wine while catching up with Lauren. It was our only chance to get together before she goes to Tahoe this weekend and I go to Texas next week, so I leapt at the opportunity even though I probably should have let her go to bed instead. And now that I'm home and my headache seems to be subsiding (fingers crossed), I need to sleep so that I can get up tomorrow and hit the writing hard - goodnight!

No comments: