Monday, June 15, 2015

i think you're a contra

Good evening, friends. In approximately thirteen hours I shall board a plane to ye olde Texas for a family reunion, and I can report that (miraculously) I'm all packed up and ready to go. Yes, I am as shocked as you are!

But today, while not the best for writing, was sufficient for getting things done before the trip. I did go to a coffee shop from 7:45am to 9:15am, but I only got a few hundred words; I spent the rest of the time rereading some stuff from Callie and Thorington's story to make sure I have the timeline right for this one. And I have to say...I am really not feeling this book. So much so that I'm considering giving myself a break from it, writing furiously on the gargoyles book that I keep going back to every couple of years, and turning that into my editor in a couple of weeks instead. I'm going to spend some quality time on the plane tomorrow considering my options, but there's something seriously fucked about what I've set up for Rafe and Octavia, and I can't seem to figure out what it is. Or maybe I'm not in the mood to write about love after my spinster honeymoon. Or maybe it's something else entirely - I don't know. But banging my head against it seems counterproductive, especially when there's another book I could way more easily work on instead.

Anyway, that's a decision for another time. After I was done banging my head for the morning, I came home, ate some breakfast (does a banana and string cheese count??), and went south to train with Alyssa. She was particularly brutal today, which felt good, although we'll see if it feels good tomorrow when my arms give out while lifting my bag into the overhead bin (I've always wanted an Owen Wilson nose, and this may be my chance). Then I showered, grabbed food, went to the post office, came home, and did a variety of internet-related tings.

I eventually ventured out into the fog to take a walk, get some cash, buy a couple of last-minute travel items, and get coffee to fuel me up for the evening (and consider Rafe and Octavia, to no avail). And then the rest of the evening was consumed with packing (and attempting not to overpack), cleaning, etc., etc.

And now, alas, I must sleep; I didn't take a nap today, which is very unwriterly (and untodderlike) of me, so sleep is imperative if I have any hope of writing in the morning before going to the airport (level of current hope: not much). Goodnight!

No comments: