Tuesday, June 30, 2015

if you think about it too much, you may stumble, trip up, fall on your face

My plan for today was to take care of a bunch of administrative stuff, and I succeeded in forcing myself to buckle down and do a bunch of vaguely unpleasant tasks. The day started off at Another Cafe, where I spent a couple of hours going through all the things I want to accomplish, daydreaming about goals for the next few months/years, etc. I eventually had to leave so that I could speed over to my salon and get my bangs trimmed, which was accomplished as efficiently as possible (and now I can see again, so it was worth the effort).

Then I came home, made some lunch, and was v. focused and productive for approximately three hours to get through nearly all the things I planned to get through today - mostly financial stuff (compiling sales data) + some planning for my upcoming NYC trip + some answering of email, etc. I felt pretty happy with what I got done, and while I wasn't quite ready to quit for the day, I ended up stopping at 3:30 so I could walk down to my old neighborhood and see my aesthetician. I walked back and was home by five, and I ate a snack and took a ten minute nap before driving over to the panhandle for dinner with Claudia (aka Santy Claude).

We went to Nopalito, which I adore; they usually have a very long line, so I don't go there all that often, but we met at six and so were able to sit down basically immediately, which was delightful. All of our food was great, although I particularly love the quesadilla with pork belly, and I also enjoyed the beef empanada (they make their empanadas with masa rather than wheat flour, so I'm delighted). Claudia and I hadn't seen each other since our outing to see 'Mad Max' before I went to Texas, so we took our time catching up; we couldn't keep our table forever, but we adjourned to the plaza outside and had tea from Peets until it was time to part ways.

And now I should probably sleep; I have to train with Alyssa tomorrow, which means if I don't get up early I won't get anything done in the morning, and I really want to start making progress on Rafe and Octavia's story. Goodnight!

No comments: