Sunday, June 07, 2015

i'm slowly drifting drifting away

I'm not gonna lie...this morning was bleak. I woke up and started writing as planned, but I got less than two pages before I felt like it was all wrong and I still don't know Rafe and Octavia well enough, and the panic rushed over my head and drowned me. Creating something from nothing is not for the faint of heart.

Anyway. I've written five books and there's no logical reason to believe that I can't write the sixth, and I've hit this point with all the other books too, so this too shall pass. But I'm not going to lie...I spent most of the morning on the couch, staring at the ceiling, trying to breathe and think calming thoughts. I also made some eggs and bacon at some point, so it wasn't all bleak. And I showered and dried my hair and managed to look totally presentable, so if this is rock bottom, it's at least a socially acceptable rock bottom.

After I'd calmed down somewhat, I took care of some tings online this afternoon, and I also talked to my parents, which was a soothing interlude. Then, I walked down to Fillmore and met up with Claudia (aka Santy Claude) to see "Mad Max". We bought a bottle of wine and some popcorn for eleven billion dollars, and I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. I was perhaps overexcited for it because a lot of people I follow on Twitter thought it was the best movie ever, mostly because I follow a bunch of romance writers who applaud any story where women get most of the speaking/acting roles, but in terms of pure entertainment/spectacle, it was pretty awesome. Then, Claudia and I soaked up the wine by having dinner at Troya, where we continued to catch up on life until it was time to part ways.

And now I'm going to sleep, get up early tomorrow (at the time I used to get up for work), and go to a coffee shop to write in the wee hours before the panic wakes up and tries to stop me. Goodnight!

No comments: