Sunday, June 07, 2015

when we go crashing down we come back every time

I have nothing particularly interesting to share with you tonight...but then, you're used to that. I woke up this morning, messed around, showered, and fell in love with my new hair dryer (don't judge me, it's beautiful). Then I met Lauren (aka Subz) for brunch in her neighborhood - as usual, hanging out with her was a delight, and it was nice to be ladies who brunch together before I resumed the slog.

Not that I slogged all that diligently - I came home and took a nap instead. And then I was having trouble getting into everything, so I went to Philz, drank some coffee, made some awesome lists, did some financial stuff, and generally figured out what I need to do over the next bit of time to feel productive. That list includes writing a fucking book, but instead, I came home, ate some chicken, drank some wine, watched six episodes of Parks and Rec, and messed around with photos and other minor tasks on my to-do list.

Yes, I'm living the dream.

But now, I need to sleep; I want to get up earlyish tomorrow and write while my brain is fresh and the ideas are flowing. I never thought I'd ever be a morning person, and I would argue that I'm still not, but I feel better if some words happen in the morning, so I'm going to make it happen. Goodnight!

No comments: