Monday, July 06, 2015

everything that you ever dreamed of disappearing when you wake up

Today was marginally better than yesterday...actually, it was a lot better, although I was still prone to despair in the darkest parts of the afternoon. But I woke up at 6:45 and was at the cafe before eight, where I got in a solid couple of hours of work before leaving to train with Alyssa. It was going well this morning, and I sort of regretted breaking the concentration to go south -- while I'm glad that I'm still seeing her, that's the one problem in favor of no longer going to Palo Alto, since it definitely eats into the most productive time of my day.

But the workout itself was good, and I have no regrets about that (even if my hands are developing multiple stripes of calluses, which feels so unladylike - I'll never marry a Regency duke now!). Then I showered, ate lunch, and went to San Mateo for a writing date with Anne, Barbara, and Poppy. I hadn't seen them since before Texas, so it was good to catch up, and I got a lot done there as well. But by five p.m. I was totally fried, and I had to stick around for a couple of hours anyway because I had plans nearby and there was no point in going home. So I messed around online and messed around in my journal in a somewhat desultory fashion, which didn't help my mood...

...but then I met up with Shedletsky and Tina for dinner, and that turned everything right again. They just celebrated their first wedding anniversary, which is super hard to believe, and we caught up on everything in our respective lives over steak at one of the v. old-school places they like to frequent in Belmont. It was great to see them, even if their ideas for romance novels alternate between 'possibly genius' and 'truly horrifying'.

Now that I'm home safe, though, I need to sleep - I know everything will be less anxiety-inducing once I'm getting more words on the page more regularly, and I think I've done enough plotting for now and it's time to start producing scenes. So that's the plan for tomorrow (easier said than done, but I'm going to give it my best shot). Goodnight!

No comments: