Friday, July 17, 2015

said you had to leave to start your life over

I know I usually don't start out with any sort of excitement at all in these posts, but I have to say...I'm super fucking excited to go to New York.

My flight is in approximately nine hours, so I should probably go to bed immediately. But I spent the day getting ready to go - some work/emailing people at a cafe early this morning (where I hung out with Hugo), followed by a mani/pedi (I always up my grooming game for these events...not that I'm particularly slovenly otherwise, but my grey gel manicure looks especially spiffy), followed by lunch at MyMy since I have no groceries in the house (I will come home to one package of pepperjack cheese, one container of cottage cheese, a few eggs, and a rotting apple). Then I did another hour of work at at the cafe, where I saw Hugo and Chandlord briefly...but I couldn't hang out for long, since I had many preparations to make before leaving.

Of course, I left packing almost too late, so it's hard to tell if I did it properly (the lateness may have been impacted by taking a nap and calling my parents, but since I did laundry while those things were happening, I don't feel too bad). Luckily I'm not signing books this year, so I'm not taking much swag, and I remembered to take my business cards, so I think I'm good there. I also tried on dresses and figured out exactly which outfits I need for which days (in a bid to not overpack, which I think was successful, but since I'm gone for eleven days or so I need a lot of stuff). And then I cleaned my kitchen, took out my recycling, surprised and delighted my neighbor down the hall by giving her fresh flowers (I'd gotten them a couple of days ago and they were looking too nice to throw away), finished packing, did some more romance work, etc., etc.

Anyway, I'm eager to get going...I have a really good feeling about this conference, and I feel like things are shaping up in a way that points to good opportunities (or at least fun networking) coming out of all of this. And, of course, I'm also excited to see a bunch of east coast friends, eat a bunch of delicious food, do some fun things, kill my liver, and die of heatstroke.

So, get excited for my east coast adventures since that's what the blog will be for the next week or two. You're welcome. Goodnight!

No comments: