Tuesday, July 07, 2015

say something i'm giving up on you

Tomorrow morning is going to feel like I'm going back to the day job, because I have to see Alyssa at eight a.m....but then I think I'm going to have breakfast at Joanie's after rather than going to slog through a bunch of emails/aggravations, so even though getting up and driving down early will suck, the rest of the day will be great. And maybe I will slog through emails...but at least they'll be emails of my own doing, and not emails related to the day job.

Today was pretty good - I didn't write anything fresh, but I spent several very productive hours at a cafe combing through the timeline of the overarching series and making notes of how the scenes I've planned for this book match up to the scenes that already existed in the previous book. At this point I've probably planned as much as I can plan and I just need to start writing, which is always, always the hardest step. So maybe tomorrow I just need to do it. Or get drunk and do it. Or something.

Anyway, I came home for a late lunch, took a nap, tried on dresses for NYC (I have no idea what I'm going to pack, but I have enough options), took a shower, and then spent some quality time at a Facebook party for someone else's book launch. Yes, that sounds silly. Basically I spent half an hour 'hosting', which meant liking people's posts and occasionally writing (hopefully, possibly not) witty things on the page. But it counts as work, so whatever. Then I went back to the cafe for my second shift; this time I didn't intend to write, but instead I spent the hours of 5:30 to 7:30 taking care of business stuff, reevaluating my defunct Tumblr, going through my website and making notes of everything I need to update, and working on the cover for my new book.

So, getting some business stuff done felt good, even if I'm probably still procrastinating from the book. Then I came home again, ate something, messed around on the internet, and packed my bags for tomorrow.

And now I'm going to sleep, hopefully dream something good, train early tomorrow, and hopefully write something good. Goodnight!

No comments: