Thursday, July 02, 2015

we are all made of stars

I meant to go to bed two hours ago so that I could get up super early and head for the cafe as the sun comes up...but instead I finished reading one book and started reading another. I'm not very regretful about this, though, since one of the things I intended to do more of after leaving the day job was to read more books, and I've definitely been doing that. What I *do* regret, though, is that somehow in my reading stupor I didn't notice that there was construction starting up outside, and there appears to be some sort of annoying roadwork going on at the corner that my apartment overlooks. There are times when I hate living in the city, and times when they do roadwork at midnight definitely qualify.

However, the rest of my day was good...I got up in time to do a bit of work at home before driving to the south bay to train with Alyssa. She tortured me, but it was bearable. After, I showered, ate a salad, grabbed coffee at Philz, drove home, and spent the afternoon doing more administrative stuff and answering email...I probably should have written, but that's on the plans for tomorrow, so I'll take what I got done today and call it good. And then I ended my night in a glorious haze of reading, so now you know everything.

Sorry, that was probably as boring for you as it was restorative for me. But my regularly scheduled social life resumes tomorrow (not that that's any better for you, but still). Goodnight!


No comments: