Thursday, August 27, 2015

and i'm sorry for us, the dinosaurs roam the earth

I reached new levels of sloth today. That could probably be the end of the blog post, but I'll continue for posterity, as I always do. I slept later than planned, and then I spent the morning drinking iced coffee (fulfilling yesterday's goal of getting caffeine faster) and doing absolutely nothing (apparently I forgot the other goals I set for today). Then I cleaned old toiletries out of my shelves in the bathroom...I don't tend to clear things out here, and so various tings have piled up, most of which expired in 2010. But now the shelves are clear, and I'm debating tackling my closet next...but we'll see if I care enough to do that, or if that will have to wait until Thanksgiving or Christmas.

After all that exertion, I took a shower, then spent some quality time hanging out with my dad on the back porch. Then I drove my mom into town, where we bought some groceries (so exciting...I can feel how excited you still are to read this). And then I spent the late afternoon helping her clean up for hosting her garden club tomorrow, most of which involved vacuuming the entire upstairs, which made me think that I need to buy her a new vacuum cleaner since hers weighs 1.5 million pounds.

Then I spent some more time on the back porch, and at some point [censored] showed up from [censored] for [censored] days. We ate supper (hamburgers and sweet corn) while watching some fine CBS programming (Big Bang Theory, Mom, part of Big Brother). And then I finished out the night's programming while helping my dad cut melons for the garden club (and by 'helping' I mean I stood there and watched tv in the kitchen while occasionally holding open a bag for him to throw rinds in).

Now, though, I need to sleep - I want to write tomorrow, but you've all heard that before. But my real plan that must get done tomorrow is to plot out how much is left of Rafe and Octavia's book, what needs to get done to produce a final copy, and when I can realistically publish it...I need to back into some deadlines so I can contract with the appropriate publishing professionals for editing/etc., and I need to do it as soon as possible. So if nothing else, shoot me if I don't do that tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: