Sunday, August 09, 2015

and it's been awhile since i can say that i wasn't addicted

I probably should have planned to take today off entirely, since that's effectively what happened, but since it wasn't in the plans I was a little cruel to myself about it. After last night's long slog of pain, I slept later than usual this morning (eight a.m. is late now, which makes me feel geriatric, but I trust this will change as winter approaches and the sunrise doesn't wake me up as effectively). And I was rather slow to get around, but I ended up going to Another Cafe, where I happened to run into Kathia since this is clearly the best place to work anywhere in our general vicinity.

So, I theoretically wrote for a couple of hours, but I was too tired and cranky to get much done, and sitting there without being productive only made me more tired and cranky. Eventually we parted ways, and I stopped by Whole Foods to get some groceries (I am finally remembering that I need to cook again post-NYC since eating every meal out is bad for the budget...and I want to run away to Europe in October, which is not precisely budget-friendly either). Then I came home, messed around with some wall decoration stuff (ordering a mount so I can mount the TV, setting up a handyman to come and do that for me, and then arranging some templates for the picture frames I want to hang so I can test out the layout before actually hanging them up), made some eggs, took a nap, and took a shower.

Then I called my parents and talked for an hour and a half - they seem to be in better shape than they have been, and they were quite smug about the beef they were about to eat (in contrast to my plans for dinner at Enjoy Vegetarian, which is something else entirely). I fortified myself after that with a walk to Philz to get coffee, followed by a hangout with Terry - these aren't the same since they are accomplished over videoconference rather than over wine in the Marina, but I'll take what I can get.

And then I had to vacate the comfort of my apartment to go to the Inner Sunset for family dinner. I was going to drive there, as per usual, but at the last minute I remembered Outside Lands and that parking might be impossible, so I lyfted there instead. Family dinner was a bit of an odd crowd since Adit and Priyanka insisted on that location, then ditched us (without really communicating) because they got tickets to Outside Lands/Elton John instead. Pfft. But tonight's family was Omar, Chandlord, Katrina, and Raja, and it was really v. v. entertaining. We spent an hour and a half talking over pseudomeat, and we didn't manage to cover any topics other than what we all did today (although that covered a lot of additional topics, like podcasts, book clubs (awkward subject, since Katrina/Chandlord/I were in a book club that I killed), Pride and Prejudice, Canadian dating sites, etc.). You'll just have to trust me that it was entertaining, since I can't recount a single jhoke here.

Eventually it was time to leave before Outside Lands traffic swallowed us whole, so Omar kindly gave me and Chandlord a ride back to this side of the city (well, I assume he dropped Chandlord off someplace safe...I made it home, which is all that matters). And now I want to sleep so I can get back into my usual routine and hopefully write (or at least be kinder to myself) tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: