Wednesday, August 05, 2015

aren't we all just runaways

I suddenly realized that I need to go to bed immediately before I pass out on the couch with my contacts in like a sad workaholic. Today was v. productive, for the most part; I went to Palo Alto early and trained with Alyssa at 8am (okay, more like 8:15 since I hit traffic and was bitterly reminded of my former commute), and then I showered and dolled myself up before going to Philz and working for an hour.

Then I had lunch at Apple, thus achieving my mission of starting to talk to more ebook retailers now that I no longer work for my previous place of employment. Lunch was both fun and useful, which is all you'll get from me here. It was also nutritious, although I'm mildly appalled that Apple employees have to pay for their food - my former employer certainly spoiled me in that regard (although I prob shouldn't be surprised about paying for food since I do it all the time in the real world).

After lunch, I drove back to the city before traffic got brutal, and I took a longer-than-usual early afternoon nap since I was still feeling tired from not sleeping that well a couple of days ago. Then I rendezvoused with Kathia and wrote for awhile at Rapha; I never go there now that I live so far from it, but I had secret plans to get a steak at Aix after, and so Rapha was on the way. I got five pages out of the endeavor, which, again, was not fifteen, but I'll take it.

After Rapha, I successfully accomplished my protein-replenishment plan by having an early dinner at Aix, where I sat at the bar and ate a steak and drank a glass of wine while planning out my next couple of weeks and all of my to-dos. Then I came home, messed around for a little bit, and then forced myself to buckle down again for the last couple of hours and take care of administrative tasks (mostly related to cleaning up book metadata and generating new short links to book retailers that I can track more effectively - yes, I'm a dork).

And now it's time for bed, since I have plans to replicate at least some of this productivity tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: