Friday, August 28, 2015

buy for me the rain, my darling, buy for me the rain

I didn't write today, but I planned out my writing schedule / launch schedule for my book (as I demanded of myself yesterday)...and it may be a wee bit aggressive. But it needs to be a wee bit aggressive if I'm going to finish this book and get it out before the holidays, and make up for the last three months I spent mourning my old life + the three months before that I spent completely immersed in + hating the life I was about to give up. So, onward and upward, right?

But today wasn't about that - today was mostly about doing stuff around the house and helping my mom to host her garden club. Her club came over at 2pm, so I spent the late morning helping her to get ready. While the club was meeting, I sat out on the patio and did my plotting/scheming, but I finished setting stuff out, making the coffee, etc., in time for them to come into the kitchen and partake of the goodies. And I sat with them during the social part, since I know all of them to varying degrees - many of them are also members of the secret society my mom and I are part of, and some of them have been around since the earliest memories of my childhood, so it's always good to see them. And they have one younger member, who was in the grade behind me in high school and married a guy in my class (Brett) - she brought her baby, who was super adorable, so that was all lovely.

After everyone left, I helped clean up, and then I went into town with my dad to get a few last-minute things for supper. Supper was duly accomplished, and I then procrastinated online for a couple of hours, as I'm so prone to do. But I talked to [censored] for awhile after that, and plotted his [censored] to [censored] in a couple of weeks. And now I'm going to sleep and dream about all my goals and how to accomplish them - goodnight!

No comments: