Tuesday, August 11, 2015

go forth and have no fear

I hate writing. Now that that's out of the way, let's cover the rest of the day. I woke up at sixish and thought about going to the cafe...in fact, I actually got out of bed to do so before deciding that was a fool's errand since I'd only gotten six hours of sleep. So I went back to bed and slept until 8:30. Then, I tried again, and I made it to the cafe by ten, where the cafe staff promptly told me that I was late. Ha.

I was surprised to find Kathia there, since we hadn't made a strong plan to meet up, but clearly it's the best option between us, so she was already hard at work. I wrote for a couple of hours, but it was slow going, which was mostly my own damn fault. Then we adjourned to MyMy and had lunch together, which was far more delightful than whatever I had going on on the page.

After MyMy, I came home, took a nap, made some tea, and stared at the screen for far too long, since I'm making this far too difficult. But I got a few pages today, so that's all fine. Then I finally showered so that I could pursue something more social - I met up with the original Jen Lui at Novela for drinks and snacks (which was really dinner, since we ordered far too much food, but it was all delish). We were there for over two hours despite the absurd noise levels (clearly we're old, which was most of the topic of conversation tonight anyway), and it was great to catch up with her and be mildly bitter together.

Eventually, though, it was time for her to go to the south bay and for me to come home, which I accomplished with the help of a Lyft since I didn't really want to walk through the Tenderloin after dark alone after seeing two half-naked, mostly-crazy homeless guys starting to fight each other for supremacy while I was walking Jen to the BART station. And then I messed around with photos until now, which was a lovely, bittersweet walk down memory lane - the photos I went through tonight were pre-2008, which was faster since I took fewer photos back then, but the photos were filled with people whom I haven't seen in ages, or fell out with, or don't keep in touch with but would probably love again if I saw them. But I have a ton of potential photos for my walls, and the next task is to winnow them down and order the right print sizes so I can finish the project.

But that's a task for another time...right now I must sleep so I can write before training with Alyssa tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: