Wednesday, August 12, 2015

i don't have to take your heart, i just want to take your time

Not that any of you should care about my sleep patterns, but I gave up my nap today so that I could attempt to go to bed before ten and get back into my early-ish routine. The last couple of days have started later than is ideal for my writing, and I want to get up early tomorrow so I can get more fully back in the game.

However, that doesn't mean I wasn't productive today; I got up around 7:30 and wrote in bed for awhile, and then messed around the apartment and took care of a variety of tings until it was time to go to the south bay and train with Alyssa. The workout was good, even if today was one of those days when I kind of hated the fact that I had to go to the south bay - I intend to keep seeing her for the foreseeable future, but that may abruptly end if I get sick of driving down south. However, the workout, as always, was worth it.

Post-workout, I showered, grabbed lunch at Joanie's, and then drove home. I had intended to write all afternoon, but instead I took care of a project I've been ignoring for awhile - I hung up the thirteen picture frames that I'd ordered from West Elm a couple of months ago. I don't have photos to put in them yet, so the frames are all blank, but it's better for them to be blank on the wall than to be stacked on my dining chairs taking up real and psychic space. I also organized some stuff to get ready for the guy who's coming to mount my tv on the wall later this week - I'm excited for all of this to be done, since the apartment already feels brighter/lighter/more open and will be even better when the tv is properly mounted and I've sold the entertainment stand.

Anyway, that all sounds like procrastination, but while I was measuring and hammering and leveling, a crucial piece of Rafe's story line clicked into place, and I might not have gotten there if I'd stared at the computer screen instead. So I'll take whatever I can get, even if the words were slow in coming today.

Once all that was done, I ate some takeout pizza (I hadn't ordered pizza in ages, but it felt appropriate tonight for some reason, messed around with some sales tracking data, and ruminated on Rafe's storyline in my journal. And now I am going to go to bed early, get up early, and hit the writing hard in the morning so that I can be slightly more whimsical about my afternoon - goodnight!

No comments: