Thursday, August 20, 2015

lost souls and reverie

I'm pretty much out of words tonight, so I'm going to go to bed as soon as I'm done with this. I woke up this morning, not as early as planned, and made it to the cafe, where I worked for a couple of hours. Then I came home, took a nap, and cleaned up the detritus of my recent discarding binge - I got rid of four garbage bags of clothing/shoes, plus packed another two big bags to sell to ThredUP. So now my apartment is mostly livable again, if 'livable' means that it's not covered in discarded clothing like a typhoon hit my closet.

I was supposed to have drinks with some former work friends tonight, but, true to form, the drinks were canceled because day jobs are apparently more demanding than writing jobs (theoretically, at least from a timing perspective). So it's quite possible that we'll all be old and grey before I ever hear about the Parisian adventure my work friend was on when I left the day job three months ago (although, to be fair, he didn't get back until I was in NYC, and then he moved apartments, so things have been hectic...but still, I'm going to be old and grey before you know it). So since I'd rearranged my schedule to accommodate drinks, and then those plans fell through, I was left to my own devices. So I did a bit more work, and then I headed down to my old neighborhood, where I bought a new journal to replace the one I just finished. Then, I broke in the new journal over sushi and wine at my favorite place in the old neighborhood - I think they were happy to see me, since they gave me a (totally unnecessary) glass of cold sake at the end.

And then I walked home and did some more tidying up, but I don't really have the energy to tackle anything else, and I think sleep is more important if I'm going to get anything done tomorrow. Wish me luck with the words - goodnight!

No comments: