Saturday, September 19, 2015

and his voice is a familiar sound

Today felt shockingly productive, but I didn't actually get all that much writing done now that I think about it, which is really too bad. However, I'm happy with what I did - I got up and went to Another Cafe, where I wrote for threeish hours, and I'm still feeling like the story is coming together, so hopefully this isn't all a fluke. Then I came home and ate lunch, intending to go to the glass repair shop after to deal with my windshield - but a v. nice British-sounding man (maybe 'nice' modifies the sound of his voice in that phrase, rather than his actual status) pushed my appointment to tomorrow, which was fine by me.

Then I spent the afternoon doing five loads of laundry while writing a letter of rec for a former coworker, taking care of tings around the house, etc. And then I went out and ran errands (buying markers, which are super necessary, and a new wireless keyboard and trackpad for my laptop, which are even more necessary), and had an earlyish dinner at the bar at Aix, since I needed steak to make everything right after a few days of subsisting, like a peasant, on chicken.

But as I was starting the long walk home, I was contacted by the usual suspects (Adit and Priyanka), and so I went to the Mission to watch them eat while partaking of my own second dinner. We ended up at Delfina, where I had a(nother) glass of wine and a v. v. tasty heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad. I will likely see Adit and Priyanka later this weekend, but it was nice to catch up with them in a more lowkey environment, where I could occasionally mutter 'you're having a baby!' and no one looked askance at me.

But all good things must end, and I lyfted home with a guy who gave me self-defense tips of dubious quality, which was entertaining. And now I'm going to sleep so I can do all the things tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: