Wednesday, September 23, 2015

blessed unrest

I have nothing interesting to share with you - the cold I suspected I was getting last night came on strong, which kept waking me up, and I feel like a total mess. This put a serious damper on my day - I didn't have the energy to do anything at all, and between the illness and the fact that I had to get ready to go to Iowa, I got no writing done. But I'm deep enough into it now that my mind continually suggests things I might want to consider/weave in/rewrite even while I'm cleaning/napping/doing other chores, which is giving me just the tiniest bit more confidence that this book might actually come together.

Anyway, I stayed in bed as long as I could, and then I took care of a couple of things before going to MyMy for breakfast. I had intended to buy groceries yesterday, but a) I was dealing with the move situation all day and b) I'm leaving tomorrow, so I had no suitable breakfast food. MyMy took care of me, though, and then I stopped at the pharmacy to stock up on cold medicines before coming home and packing/organizing/cleaning/etc/etc.

And that's pretty much all I have to say - I ended up ordering Thai for supper, which temporarily revived me, but I see no reason to continue staying awake when sleep would probably serve me better. So I'm going to go to bed and hope that my flights tomorrow are uneventful - goodnight!

No comments: