Thursday, September 10, 2015

open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind

I'm once again losing track of what day it is, but it seems that today was a good one. My morning deviated from its usual course because I took care of vanity-related activities - I wanted to get a facial, and I needed to get my bangs trimmed and my eyebrows waxed, but since my aesthetician is about to get married and so will be out for 3.5wks, she's been v. difficult to schedule with. So I went to the salon at 8am for the facial...which was actually great, since I just rolled out of bed and went over.

So the facial was great, and then I went to Samovar in Yerba Buena, which is one of my favorite places ever. I didn't know that they open at nine, but now that I know, I might have to go there more often - it was really quiet at 9am, so I was able to write in my notebook for awhile, and the gf toast with poached eggs and bacon was delightful. So I hung out there for a couple of hours, enjoying the beginnings of today's heat while looking out over the gardens.

After that, I went back to the salon and worked for an hour in the Peet's under the salon before finishing my pampering by getting by brows and bangs done. Then I bought a bunch of groceries to stock up my fridge, since I'm not going anywhere for at least a month and should really cook more and go out less (at least for breakfast/lunch). And then I came home and took a nap directly in front of my fan in an attempt not to die of heat exhaustion (I know, 88 degrees isn't that hot, but in SF it's like the apocalypse). And then, sadly, I spent the rest of the afternoon doing business stuff since I needed to figure out earnings for tax payments, etc.

But the day took a dramatic upswing after that...I met [censored] at Lers Ros in Hayes Valley so that we could eat before [censored]. [censored]'s conference is going well, but [censored] snuck away so that we could go to Phantom of the Opera together. So we ate Thai food at Lers Ros, which was extremely delicious (although I was somewhat uncomfortably full after), and then we walked to the Orpheum. I don't think [censored] was impressed with the [censored] along Market Street, but we made it to the Orpheum without anyone getting [censored], so it was all good.

And it probably goes without saying that the musical was awesome. Of course, a really tall girl sat in front of me, so I spent the first half leaning precariously to one side...but, oddly, our entire row was empty, and so we switched seats for the second half (as did a bunch of other people). But it was really good to see Phantom again - I hadn't seen it since Des Moines in 2008ish (actually, February 16, 2007, when it was apparently -4 degrees in Des Moines, which is the opposite of today), which was a v. different experience. I liked the set design quite a bit, and the music was, as always, delightful.

When the show was over, [censored] and I shared a cab, and I dropped [censored] off at [censored] before coming home. And now I need to sleep - tomorrow *must* be productive, since I've got plans off and on most of this weekend...and if a crazy psychopath in an underground, water-filled dungeon can manage to be productive and write an entire fucking opera, I can surely write a book. Yes, I realize this is spurious logic and that the Phantom is entirely fictional, shut up. Goodnight!

No comments: