Tuesday, September 01, 2015

or he'll say he's just not the same

It's my last night in Iowa - for this trip, at least. All told, I had a lovely visit; it's too bad the weather isn't always this perfect when I come home, and that I tend to spend more time here when it's cold and miserable outside than I do when it's 80+ degrees and sunny. But it has been good to see the parents, and I managed to get some writing done, so all in all I think it was a success.

Today was somewhat slothful; I slept later than planned, but I got up in time to have breakfast with my parents. Then I took care of some emails, showered, messed around online for a bit, and then went for a drive with my mom. We went down to the round barn to check it out, and she showed me the progress they've made on restoring the old Victorian house they've got on the property, which is looking quite beautiful inside. Then we drove out to the lake - it's been decades since Katie and I used to spend lazy summer afternoons rowing around out there, but it's still gorgeous.

After that, we came home and I spent a couple of hours writing on the patio - I got four pages, which was less than I wanted but definitely worth doing. Then my dad came out and grilled our supper, which we ate inside to avoid the mosquitoes. And then I did some packing, watched some fine CBS programming, and messed around online some more.

And now you know it all - and I need to go to bed so I can get up and go back to California tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: