Thursday, September 17, 2015

where are ü now

You are going to find today supremely uninteresting as well, but at least I a) left the house, b) went places I normally don't go, and c) saw people. I woke up in time to do a bit of work this morning, but I was distracted by an hour-long call with a former direct report who is searching for jobs (she's in business school) and wanted to use me as a reference. It was great to catch up with her, even if it didn't result in more pages written.

After that, I ate lunch, cleaned out my trunk (kind of), and took a nap. Then, the sun suddenly appeared, so I drove down to the Marina and spent a couple of hours writing at Goody Cafe. I hadn't been there in months...possibly since I moved out of the Marina, since it's at Fort Mason, which is just far enough away that I'm unlikely to walk there from here even though I walk to other parts of the Marina fairly regularly. They were v. happy to see me, and I was v. happy to see them...and the writing was actually going well enough that I was legitimately not happy that I had to stop writing so I could move my car when my two-hour free spot was about to expire.

But I moved my car down the block, and I celebrated the fact that the story is finally coming together by taking a long walk along the water. It was a gorgeous day in San Francisco after several days of fog/rain and several days of too much heat, so I took advantage of it. Then I came home, messed around online, showered, and sped to Potrero Hill (where I also never ever go) to have dinner with Claudia and one of her friends at Goat Hill Pizza. They make a gluten free crust that was pretty decent, and so we ate pizza while catching up on all sorts of weird and wonderful things.

But I refused all possible overtures toward doing more fun things and came home so that I can go to bed and pursue more writing tomorrow - wish me luck. Goodnight!

No comments: