Sunday, September 20, 2015

you don't know anything about the solstices

My day started off productively and then slid slowly into sheer ridiculousness, as so many of them do. I got up earlyish and went to Another Cafe, where I was quite productive for a couple of hours (although I should have worked for another four hours today and didn't). Then I came home, ate some delish eggs and toast, messed around on the internet, and then got my nails done - a necessary task, since I'd gotten gel for my birthday and had to have it removed. It's possibly that 'necessary' is an overstatement, but I'm going to roll with it.

Then I came home and talked to my parents, who were their usual selves. Then I messed around some more, made a snack, and talked to Terry (remember her?) for awhile. And then my day fell off the normal cliff into weirdland....although it's not weird, since it's so common for me to have family dinner on Sunday nights. Omar is in town again, and so he had invited a strange assortment of individuals to My Tofu House. He also claimed that he had never been to My Tofu House, which was immediately and flatly disproven by my blog (he was there in October 2009 to celebrate Adit's birthday).

But despite that early kerfuffle, it was all good - we were seated surprisingly quickly (probably because it was a rare 90 degrees in SF and so a little too warm for hot/spicy tofu soup), and the group spent most of the evening saying everything we had done since midnight last night (which took others way more time than it took me, since I did nothing but write/get my nails done today). This all took close to three hours, which was a delightful (albeit absurd) end to the weekend.

And now I shall sleep...as per usual, I want to write in the morning before training with Alyssa, so getting up early is the only way to accomplish that. Goodnight!

1 comment:

om said...

ha i really do know nothing about the solstinoxes