Thursday, October 29, 2015

caught up in the game

I'm bizarrely tired tonight, despite pumping myself full of caffeine, so I'm going to keep this brief. Today was shaping up to be pretty hermity - I stayed in this morning to attempt to get some work done (mixed results), and ended up doing laundry (much better results, since I needed to do five loads) and ordering a salad for lunch (I've been craving salad for a week and finally decided I needed to make it happen). Then I did some more laundry/slogging this afternoon, with a break to talk to my dad (yay). I should have also taken a break to take a nap, as it turns out, but I was trying to push through like an adult instead of the nap-demanding toddler I've become.

Eventually, though, I had to abandon the serenity of my house and venture out into the awful wilds of SF so that I could get my brows waxed. Traffic was fairly terrible, but I made it to the salon and took care of business. While I was there, I got a text from Priyanka, and even though we were both exhausted (she has a better excuse than I do), we agreed to go to this art thing that we were both invited to - clearly both of us were on the verge of bailing and going to bed, but I'm proud of us for sticking with it.

Since there was no way I would go if I had to drive home and then back, I went straight to the Mission and wrote in my notebook for an hour while drinking a latte. Then I met up with Priyanka at Lers Ros for some tasty thai food before going to the art thing - our friend Marina was exhibiting at this show, so we said hi to her and looked at her art (some interesting work using found pieces, both cloth and wood, and modifying them in small but sometimes complex ways). I'm glad we went, even if we only had it in us to stay for twenty minutes.

Then I dropped Priyanka off at home, came back to my place, messed around in my notebook some more, and realized I need to go to bed immediately - goodnight!

No comments: