Saturday, October 17, 2015

loose lips sink ships all the damn time

I have safely arrived in Tahoe, where I'm v. eager to get a lot done. But today was not about accomplishing things - today was about getting up here and reconnecting with my writer friends, and all of that was done v. successfully. I left my place later than I should have this morning - my internet was finally working again, and so I had to take care of stuff that I should have done last night, which was not how I had intended to spend my morning. But I eventually got myself loaded up and drove to Mill Valley to pick up Grace. I somehow hadn't seen her since our last trip to Tahoe in April, so we had a lot to catch up on, and we did so throughout the drive up to South Lake Tahoe (including a stop at In-n-Out in Placerville, which was as awesome as In-n-Out always is).

We got here around 2:45, which was pretty good timing (four hours including the stop, and our stop was fairly leisurely). Barbara, Anne, and Christie had all arrived before us, but as soon as we got here, we went grocery shopping and loaded up on stuff for tonight (mostly pasta and wine, so I got super carb overload + drinking at altitude overload). Then we came back to the house and spend the entire rest of the afternoon/evening snacking, eating, gossiping, talking about publishing (aka gossiping), catching up on each others' lives (aka gossiping), and coloring (adult coloring books are all the rage right now, as I believe I mentioned - so while I brought mine, I wasn't surprised to see that Barbara had brought several + tons of colored pencils and markers with which to amuse ourselves during our writing breaks).

So, this was an excellent start to the trip, and I always learn a lot on these outings...but I need to go to bed so that I can buckle down in the morning and get stuff done before I get distracted by hanging out with some of my favorite people. Goodnight!

No comments: