Monday, October 05, 2015

rebels and mutineers

So all the planning I did yesterday was certainly helpful today, but I didn't achieve peak productivity. However, that's possibly because I went to bed later than I should have, needed to make up my sleep deficit from the previous night, and so stayed in bed far later than I usually do - I didn't open my laptop until almost ten a.m., and I've previously been getting up around seven. That scotched my peak writing time, which was unfortunate, and I'm going to try to rectify that tomorrow.

But then, I probably wouldn't have concentrated all that well anyway; I had a promo scheduled for one of my earlier books and was distracted by tracking the rankings. But the promo went as well as I could have hoped; the book hit #6 on the free list at Amazon and #6 on the free list at Apple, which is the highest I've ever gotten with a free book. Hopefully this translates into more sales of the other books in the series, but we shall see.

sssanyway, so I worked a bit this morning, ate some breakfast, and then walked to Alta Plaza Park to get some fresh air + some exercise + some writing out in the sun. The walk was perfect, and I climbed the stairs all the way to the top of the park, where I happily ensconced myself on the perfect bench and wrote a page and a half before suddenly being surrounded by a mob of children who were apparently in the park for some sort of recess/field trip/whatever. Ugh. I tried to tough it out, but they were settling in for what appeared to be the long haul, so I vacated my bench and came home. Then I ate a late lunch, took a nap, showered, procrastinated, and then wrote for another couple of hours.\

My final task of the evening was to talk to Kathia; we hadn't caught up properly in a v. long time, and we had a FaceTime call so we could actually see each other while doing this. It was good to catch up, even if it's vastly inferior to going to a coffee shop together, and we talked until her battery was about to die. Then I procrastinated some more (online shopping, but since I used a credit I had on ThredUp, I only spent $2), and totally neglected to remember that I was supposed to read a book or watch a movie tonight instead of wasting time on my laptop. Stupid.

Tomorrow's another day, though, and I have grand plans to write much earlier in the morning + be vaguely, possibly social in the evening (although my hermit week is actually kind of lovely, so we'll see). Goodnight!

No comments: