Wednesday, October 21, 2015

when all is said and done and dead

I accomplished virtually nothing today...but I suppose that's to be expected when I had to drive back from Tahoe (okay, that's an accomplishment), get high on the sudden return of sea-level oxygen levels, and recuperate from five days of uninterrupted people-time. Grace and I left Tahoe at 9:30 and talked all the way home, including a stop for a snack at the nicest Starbucks I've ever seen in my entire life (in Dixon, CA, for those of you who are curious). I dropped her off at her place around 1:30pm, was home by 2pm, and then messed around on the internet, took a nap, took a shower, and got my nails done because I'm a princess.

After being a princess, I walked down to my old neighborhood and had sushi (which I was in the mood for after a ridiculous conversation about abalone earlier in the day), and also more wine than I needed (thanks to having befriended the owner, as I usually do), while contemplating my goals for the next few weeks. That wasn't the most productive thing I could have done, but I was too tired to really think, so I'll take it. And now I'm going to sleep and then write all the words tomorrow morning before being forced to socialize for another few days in a row with all the friends I have visiting this weekend...more on that as it materializes. Goodnight!

No comments: