Saturday, November 07, 2015

i'll find strength in pain, and i will change my ways

Today was pretty good, all things considered. I woke up relatively on time and made it to the cafe by nine, where I proceeded to work (administrative stuff that I've been putting off + continuing to write longhand in my notebook since that's the only thing that's working right now) for about three hours. Then I walked to my old neighborhood and had lunch at my favorite cafe; Tony sat with me for awhile while I was eating, which was as delightful as always (even if he always seems to assume that I'm having much more sex than I'm currently having, and is always adorably appalled when I disabuse him of his assumptions).

Then I went to the gym, where I did another hour and a half of administrative work while sitting in the very posh lobby area (decorated like an old gentlemen's club or library or something, with leather chairs and nice lamps and tables). And then I swung some kettlebells to get all my aggression out (impossible task...there's always more aggression to be found somewhere within me). After that, I was too tired to walk the 1.5miles home, especially with my backpack full of notebooks and laptop, so I called a lyft and had a lovely conversation about hoarders with the driver, since he runs a hauling business that clears out estates and has dealt with many hoarders behind the perfect facades of San Francisco's houses.

Once I got home, I lazed about on the couch (deservedly so, I think), then did a bit more work, then unpacked from Carmel and tidied things up. Then I took a shower, ate a sandwich, and finished the book I'd started reading in Carmel, which I really enjoyed (THE IMMORTAL HEIGHTS by Sherry Thomas - I love her and we say inappropriate things to each other whenever we get the chance, but more importantly I love this series, so if you like YA magic trilogies, this is a good one to try (but start with THE BURNING SKY, since the book I read was the end of the series rather than the beginning).

So, this feels like a weirdly balanced day (I wrote AND read AND worked out AND took a walk AND ate properly AND took my vitamins...basically everything I need to do in a day to feel good, although seeing a friend might have been a good addition (but I talked to Katie and texted with several other people, so I wasn't totally disconnected)). And I'm hoping it sets me up for a lovely sleep, which I'm going to pursue immediately. Goodnight!

No comments: