Thursday, November 05, 2015

in my head you tell me things you've never said

I'm back in the city of sin after a relatively uneventful day, and I am looking forward to being productive tomorrow, so I need to go to bed. I slept pretty decently last night, and then got up, showered, packed, had breakfast, and got myself out of the hotel by 9:45 so that I wouldn't be caught in traffic later. That was a good call, as it turned out; traffic was impeccable the whole way, so I didn't feel any anxiety about stopping to grab a salad and some coffee on the way home rather than taking my chances that I would find something to eat in my fridge. Also, I needed caffeine and vegetables (possibly not in that order). Also, I was procrastinating because I knew I should write/take care of stuff when I got home, and I didn't want to.

But since I didn't want to be productive, I wasn't productive...I got home, messed around online for an hour, and then got an impromptu mani/pedi (mostly to remove the gel polish that I got two weeks ago, but my toes needed cleaned up as well). Then I came home, sat around, procrastinated, and finally dragged myself down to the Marina to revive myself with a steak and some wine. This was mostly successful, and I was able to write for an hour or so while I sat there, so that was good.

And now, alas, I'm done with my report for the day. But while I was looking for something on zee blog a little bit ago, I stumbled across this post from 2007 in which I said that I had no fashion sense and didn't know how to correct it, and also said that I'm not the type of person who spends $80 on dinner. Hahahahaha. If I ever need a reminder that a lot can change in a few years, that's as good a reminder as any.

And now I must go to bed before I fall asleep on the couch with my contacts in - goodnight!

No comments: