Saturday, December 26, 2015

all i really know is i don't want to know

I meant to go to bed an hour ago, but hey - it's vacation. And I slept way too long this morning, to the point that I was half-sleeping, half-dozing, and mostly having nightmares and daydreams rather than actually resting. But despite that somewhat inauspicious start, today was good. It was certainly quieter than yesterday - when I finally dragged myself upstairs, I spent some quality time with my dad, and then with my mom and [censored].

Eventually, I showered (yes, this is boring, keep going), and I actually accomplished something after that - I made a double batch of chili so that we have foodstuffs for tomorrow's game day with Uncle Mark et al. However, game day may not happen - it looks like there's a storm on the way with ice/snow, which may change the plans. But if all goes according to plan, there will be games tomorrow, which means I should probably sleep so I'm ready for them.

But first, the rest of my day. I made the soup, and then we finished playing the Rail Baron game we started on Christmas Eve. We had to take another break to eat supper (leftovers from the previous days' feasts), but we finished by 7:30 or 8 - and [censored] won. Congrats, I guess. I don't understand why [censored] later was literally grinding a [censored] in the basement, since [censored] won the game and doesn't need to enact bloody revenge against the rest of us, but whatev. Maybe I shall lock my door tonight and hope for the best...

sssanyway. After the game, I watched some fine public television (a documentary about disabled athletes), and then I holed up in my room and did some entirely unnecessary online shopping (a dress for Hawaii...so on sale, so unnecessary). And now I'm going to sleep and hope that whatever nightmares I have don't turn into Lizzie Borden-style bloodbaths - goodnight!

No comments: