Monday, December 21, 2015

i'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies

My day started off with some unofficial work as tech support for my dad - as mentioned, his phone died an unexpected death last night, so we went into town to get him a new one. It's a sign of the times that there are basically no viable retail businesses in town, but there is a fully-stocked cellphone store because cellphones are now required utilities. So we got him hooked up with a new phone, and it was all mostly seamless, so that was good.

Then we came home, and I spent an hour messing around with the registration options for the conference I'm going to in Hawaii in February (yes, my life is hard). After lunch, I did another three hours' worth of work, which felt really good (even if it wasn't what I intended to work on over break). I might even get some more writing done later this week, but tomorrow is unlikely since I need to finish Christmas shopping with [censored] and so may [censored].

Eventually, it was time for supper (leftovers, yum), and then I watched some fine CBS programming while finishing the setup for my dad's phone. And now, on all that incredibly boring stuff, I'm going to sleep and hope that I get nine hours before tomorrow's adventures - goodnight!

No comments: