Saturday, December 19, 2015

that would be enough

Today was pretty quiet in anticipation of celebrating Wampler family Christmas tomorrow...I had breakfast with the parents, wasted time online (which I'm trying to do less of on this break in an attempt to break some bad habits), vacuumed (my parents don't seem believe that my living in a studio is a good thing, but I have far, far less space to vacuum than they do), showered, and then ran a couple of errands in town. This is all vastly exciting, I know.

But all work and progress had to end at six p.m. because the Cyclones were playing basketball - and unfortunately they lost their first game of the season, although they seem to have a strange habit of losing to Northern Iowa. But we watched the whole game (although I did some light journaling while the game was on, since I can only go so long without wanting to scribble something), and I opened a bottle of wine towards the end because I decided that my detox was less important than getting through the night. Then, we ate some delicious soup that my mom had started before the game, and the mood was all far more upbeat than I was expecting (in that we were able to carry on a conversation and it mostly wasn't about basketball, so I think my mom will survive this loss).

And then I watched '48 Hours: Mystery', which I hated as much as usual, and now I'm going to go to bed remarkably early - family members from the north will descend upon us in the morning, and I should probably be awake and at least partially dressed when they do. Goodnight!

No comments: