Sunday, January 03, 2016

i am not throwing away my shot

Huh. I forgot to blog last night. Like, straight-up forgot - which hasn't happened in so many years that I can't fathom it. Typically if I miss a night (which also hasn't happened in many months), it's a conscious decision. But last night, I had spent a lot of quality time with my planner and my journal, and my laptop was sitting closed on my desk, and I somehow didn't realize I hadn't blogged.

Luckily, I was asleep in my bedroom in my parents' house this morning, so they didn't freak out and assume I was dead (although if I slept any later, they might have come knocking on the off chance that I was dead). But to the rest of you, my apologies! Not that you care, since you missed nothing. But still.

sssanyway. Yesterday was pretty uneventful, which is probably why I didn't blog about it. Also, ISU lost to Oklahoma in a close game, which is probably the other reason why I didn't blog, since my mom is a bit touchy about her Cyclones. But I made chicken tortilla soup yesterday, which was delish, and I went into town to procure the ingredients for it, which was not delish (town leaves much to be desired, especially when they don't seem to have the money/skills/whatever to properly clear the roads like the other town near us does).

Today was also quiet - after hearing from every member of the household that I had failed to blog last night, I then ate some yogurt, took a shower, and went into town with my dad to see my grandmother. She was the same as usual, and I'll leave it at that. Then my dad took me around and showed me stuff, like how much better our town is at clearing the roads than the grocery store town, and the trees they cut down at [censored]'s [censored] yesterday, and all the alleys and city roads that were platted out when the town was formed back in the 1800s but that have been forgotten/closed/never made, and the snowy delight of the lake outside of town (where we learned that squirrels will apparently eat hedgeballs - and thanks to the Wikipedia article I just read about them, I learned that the leading theory is that hedgeballs were previously eaten by giant sloths or mammoths in ancient North America, but that when the large mammals died out, the range of hedge trees shrunk down to the Red River Valley because there were no animals to aid with seed dispersal. Interesting!).

So after we explored, we came home, and I pretty much wasted my afternoon. But I took care of some business online this evening, and I had supper with the parents ([censored] went back to [censored] this afternoon, so we said our sad [censored]s earlier in the day). And now, I think I shall sleep - I have a bunch of stuff to do tomorrow in preparation for returning to San Francisco (land of fog and feces) on Tuesday. Goodnight!


No comments: