Wednesday, January 06, 2016

she's been living on the highest shelf

There is a chance that I won't blog tomorrow night (second time in six days is unheard of, I know) - I'm currently planning to visit John and Jess at a cabin they're renting in the north bay, and they have said that wifi is spotty and cell reception nonexistent. So if you don't hear from me, don't assume I'm dead - I will hopefully be continuing to ramp up my week of extreme socializing in a delightfully remote location.

Anyway. Today was relatively quiet compared to what I've got coming up, which was probably a good thing since I barely slept last night - I ended up not falling asleep until almost two a.m., and thanks to the whisky/tequila with Chandlord + the heavy rain on the skylights above my bed + the significantly noisier surroundings after three weeks in Iowa, I slept fitfully at best. So I spent most of today in a tired haze, which didn't make for much productivity (I didn't even try to write).

But I did a bunch of stuff around the house and finished unpacking. And I walked down to the marina to see my aesthetician, and then I had a long, leisurely brunch at Caffe Union. They were pretty quiet today, so Tony and I talked for a long time, which was a perfect interlude. Then I walked home, took a brief nap, did some more work + some stuff around the house, and then drove to the Mission to get my bangs trimmed (I now look merely cute again, rather than like a bitchy model-type - but I can certainly see better).

When I got home, I was torn between eating here, going out, ordering in, or not eating at all - I was too tired to make a decision, and I defaulted to not eating for too long, which meant my blood sugar demanded instant satisfaction. So I ate some yogurt and some fritos (dinner of champions), then did a bunch of work, and then ate a gluten free bagel with cream cheese and salmon (the bagel, which was not from my usual brand, was horrible, but the salmon went a long way toward reviving me).

And now, I think I'll go to bed early and hope I get nine hours of sleep - I have a massive quantity of plans tomorrow (lunch with writer friends, afternoon writing date, early bird dinner with the Shedletskys, and then a drive to the north bay), so I should probably rest up. Goodnight!

No comments: