Friday, January 22, 2016

we are always running for the thrill of it the thrill of it

Tonight went totally off the rails, and it's two a.m. and I need to go to bed *right now* because I have actual meetings tomorrow (followed by actual karaoke, followed by actual house parties, all of which are trés important).

But today was great - I spent the morning/midday/afternoon being productive, and then I walked to the marina, where I had impromptu wine at Nectar with Chris and Leah (unplanned, but v. excellent). Then I stopped in at the Apple store (my original goal), and the I ended up having dinner at Aix, where I was quite sedate until I met some random strangers and ended up having one of my ridiculous 'talk to random strangers and learn their life story and perhaps become too involved' nights (they invited me back to their place, and the guy was careful to clarify that this was not an invite to a threesome, but I ultimately declined and ate pudding instead).

So after they left, I closed down the bar with the bartender and the hostess, and then I came home and was going to blog two hours ago, but I dozed off with my laptop on the couch. So now I'm going to go to bed for reals and hope that tomorrow treats me kindly - goodnight! 

No comments: