Tuesday, January 19, 2016

you want to go the fast way from jupiter to mars

I'm still in Tahoe...I think I'll leave tomorrow, since my skin is starting to dry up and I need to get back to lower altitudes before I look like the cryptkeeper, but it's been a highly productive trip to the mountains. Today was slightly more lowkey than the previous days; Bella and her family left around noon, and after that, I think Barbara and I were both feeling slightly lethargic (albeit still productive). So I answered a bunch of emails (not all the emails I need to answer, but it's a start), and I did some business-y stuff, and then we talked for awhile and walked to Safeway to get stuff for dinner.

But when we got back, I got some feedback on the latest direction for Rafe's development (which was super helpful). And then I barricaded myself in the media room and wrote for a couple of hours, which was great. But I stopped around five, and Barbara and her husband and I made dinner and hung out. Eventually, I opened my laptop again and did some more work (changing prices, doing some ad stuff)....and I made the horrifying discovery that my blurb for my first book fails to mention 'duke' enough, which is a serious rookie error since dukes sell books better than anything, and I didn't say he was a duke until the last fucking line. Oops. Clearly it's still sold a bunch of copies over the past four years (hard to believe it's been four years...), but I need to rectify this immediately.

But that's a task for tomorrow - right now I need to sleep so I can write in the morning. My current plan is to work here most of the day and leave around four p.m., with the grand plan of getting through the mountains before dark, stopping for something to eat before hitting traffic in Sacramento, and hopefully arriving in the bay area at the end of rush hour. But we'll see if that all works out - the main goal is to get some work done tomorrow before I leave, since I know I won't want to work when I get home if I leave in the morning. We shall see, we shall see. Goodnight!

No comments: