Sunday, February 28, 2016

american oxygen

I'm still at my introvert wall, which made today a little less than pleasant...but I was destined to hit this point, since I've spent the past couple of months socializing aggressively + traveling incessantly. But I got up and worked for an hour or so this morning, and then I made it to the conference by 10:30ish, which was totally respectable.

However, I don't think I'll do this conference again - I'm actually pretty advanced in my knowledge about self-publishing at this point (or know people who can help me find answers). My problem isn't one of knowledge, but rather one of getting out of my own way and getting shit done, and no conference can solve that. Also, the discussions today all sounded extremely basic, so I really didn't stick around for them.

But I did have coffee with a couple of other writers to talk shop, and I participated in a historical-focused breakout session, and then I spent another couple of hours talking to more writers (some of whom I hadn't met before, so at least I fulfilled the networking portion of the weekend). I think I'm going to go back tomorrow for some of the morning/midday stuff, but today was enough to convince me to come home rather than sticking around and trying to have dinner with people, since my social skills were fading fast.

So I got a ride home from Grace, and I promptly hermited out - I put on yoga pants, ordered some groceries so I could restock my fridge without leaving the house, eventually ordered a pizza for supper (since someone ordered pizza for lunch and I couldn't have any of it, and was craving it after smelling it for an hour), and spent the afternoon/evening working. A lot of it was figuring out how I'm going to get done everything I need to get done in the next month - I predict that I'm going to have to try brain.fm a lot (or maybe just get some meth and write/clean the apartment manically until my teeth rot).

But I have a plan, and I have food to sustain myself for a few days, and I have every form of caffeine necessary (well, I don't have my emergency Mountain Dew, but I have to leave the apartment again at some point...I can always pick some up). So get ready for some crazy (aka boring) posts about how much I'm working the next couple of weeks (although I can't go into full hibernation, since I have some fun things planned, so don't give up on me yet). Goodnight!

No comments: