Tuesday, February 23, 2016

slowly drifting, drifting away

im typing on my phone, so excuse the typos....but today's adventure was Day Five of wedding funtimes. Today wasn't a wedding, though - I came up to Russian River to participate in the tasting for Ritu and Bill's wedding. When i woke up, I really just wanted to hermit out and write a book, but I managed to drag myself out of bed and into the shower and into some clothes so that I could pick up Chandlord (mostly) on time. We drove up together, which gave us ample time to catch up before the fun...

...and while I never guessed how much fun tasting for someone else's wedding could be, this was actually super fun. That could be because of the nine bottles of wine they opened for the seven of us, but I'm not sure. We tasted food for both Friday and Saturday, and it was all so good - it's clear that they have some real talent, since I don't usually like lamb and the two lamb dishes were some of the best things in the menu.

But I won't spoil anything for you since some of you might be at this wedding in August. Suffice it to say that the venue is really gorgeous, to the point that I may have to come up here for a week and write. And the owner is also awesome - to the point that I almost regret that Ritu found him, since I now can't get married here but want to hang out with him and make his staff cook for me again.

C'est la vie. After the tasting, we sat around while Ritu dealt with a potential photographer, and then we went down the street to taste ice cream (amaze balls, especially the lavender honeycomb - and I don't usually go for lavender in food). Then we drank leftover wine from the tasting, and then we had dinner at Boon (? It's all blurring together). I should mention that today was Ritu, Bill, their parents, and me and Vidya, which was a hugely delightful group. And dinner was so delicious - too bad I was so full that I had no choice but to split some fish and Brussels sprouts with Ritu's mom.

Then we came back to the ranch, counted all the ladybugs infesting Bill's room, and then Ritu and I sent everyone else to bed (including Bill, who fell asleep next to us) while we drank more wine and debriefed.

And now I need to sleep - Vidya and I are leaving early tomorrow, and then I need to go into hardcore hermit mode and write for the next few days. Or, even if I don't write, slowing my roll on the wine and eating more salad would probably be a good idea. Goodnight!

No comments: