Thursday, February 04, 2016

you lured me in, i couldn't sense the pain

I got maybe five hours of sleep last night, which did not help my cold situation (which is definitely a situation). And today was mildly frustrating - I did some email-type stuff this morning, and then I walked down to the marina to see my aesthetician, but she totally flaked (and later claimed she'd thought she had texted me to cancel, but I never got it). So after waiting at her office for twenty minutes, I proceeded to my next plan, which was brunch at my favorite cafe. Tony didn't know I was sick, but he gave me a mimosa, and I'll pretend that the splash of orange juice had enough vitamins to make it healthy.

Then I walked home, put in a load of laundry, and took a twenty-minute nap that saved my life. Then I talked to Kathia for awhile; we had put a video chat on calendar so that we would actually catch up, and we actually accomplished it, so that was one of the day's bright spots.

But after I stopped talking to her, I had to finish my laundry, and I went to Walgreens to stock up on cold meds, and then I had to pack (and I have no idea if I packed all the right stuff, but I'm just gonna roll with it at this point). Packing was pretty slow, probably because I feel like death, and probably because I kept taking breaks to mess around on the internet (stupid internet).

But I'm all done packing, and I cleaned out my fridge and took out the trash and am generally leaving my apartment in okay shape. So now I'm going to go to bed and hope that 7.5hrs of sleep is enough to restore me a little bit.

But despite the rather depressed mood of this post...tomorrow I'll be in Hawaii, bitches! And I think this conference is going to be great for me, and the sun will be just as great. So if I can just make it onto the plane, everything else is golden. Goodnight!

No comments: