Thursday, March 17, 2016

green to red

I'm pretty tapped on out words tonight...today was a brutal slog, which was what I needed, and while I'm happy with what I accomplished, I'm hoping to double it tomorrow. This morning got off to a rough start because last night was rough - I think it was the combo of taking claritin for the first time in ages (I thought I was getting either a cold or allergies, and luckily it appears it was allergies, but the claritin may have kept me awake) + the fact that someone either above or below me was playing music until the wee hours. I eventually went down to the front desk and secured earplugs, which helped, but I didn't get the million hours of sleep last night that I hoped for...

But I got up this morning, had breakfast around nine, and chose to fuel myself with chilequiles, which is the breakfast of champions. Then I did a bit of work in the lobby, but I was still weirdly tired from my night, so I took a quick nap. Then I walked to 7-11 to get a bit of fresh air and to ruin all of my fresh air health by buying Mountain Dew and some Fritos, since I revert to the snacks of my youth when I'm up against the wall.

Then I slogged all afternoon, and I slogged all night, with a break around six to take another nap, and a few breaks to stare off into space and rest my eyes, and a few wikipedia rabbit holes that tend to happen when I need to research stuff. I should probably take more non-computer/non-phone breaks tomorrow, but that's a struggle for another day. Right now I desperately need to sleep, since I've been fighting homonym typos this whole post (stare/stair...okay, maybe that was the only one, but my almost-typos in general are running at a much higher rate than usual while typing this, which is always a sign that I'm done being verbal for the night). Wish me luck with the story fight tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: