Tuesday, March 22, 2016

it's a bit of a dance, a bit of a posture, it's a bit of a stance

I don't feel like blogging, and I possibly don't feel like writing any words ever again....but we know that's probably a lie. Today, though, was a good reminder that I can actually get work done in the city if I make a real attempt at it - but it wasn't the most comfortable attempt, given that it was raining off and on and my apartment was too cluttered to write in, since I didn't finish unpacking yesterday and need to repack for Iowa tomorrow.

But I got up at some point, put on some yoga pants, and walked down to Philz on Golden Gate, where I worked for three hours and also stocked up on coffee to take back to Iowa with me. I also enjoyed some great people watching, including many many umbrellas that were blown inside out and at least two hats that flew off heads and into oncoming traffic (both hats were retrieved, which seemed miraculous/not worth the potential death). Then, finally, I went to Mangosteen and had pho to warm up and to get some immediate carbs since it was almost two p.m. and I hadn't had a real breakfast (tragic).

At that point, I wanted to go home, but I also wanted to write, so I went to Jane and had a tea and wrote for two more hours. At that point, I was dying, so I came home and took a nap, and then took a shower. And then I was going to write again, but my evening plans moved up slightly - I met up with John at Hôtel Biron, which is not a hotel, but rather pretends to be a French-style private establishment (see: hôtel, which I am required to know for various romance writing reasons).

I made some mistakes in my meat/cheese ordering (the real mistake was not eating dinner beforehand), so the tastes were all slightly off - but I had two glasses of wine that were decent, so I survived. And we talked about a variety of ridiculous topics, as per usual. When we were done we walked toward Civic Center so he could take BART and I could grab a lyft, but as we were approaching Civic Center is started pouring, which was an inauspicious end to the night. However, neither of us died (that I know of), and I made it home in one piece, so that's all good.

And now that I've procrastinated and vegged and eaten some fritos to make up for the cheese/salami debacle, I should sleep so I can write a million words tomorrow (and hopefully get something to my editor in the next couple of days, but it won't be today). Goodnight!

No comments: