Tuesday, March 08, 2016

make that money, watch it burn

Today was super hermity, but not as productive as I had dreamed - part of the problem was that I didn't get out of bed until ten, since I had stayed up way too late last night reading the last of the books for the contest I was judging. And then I had a variety of tings to take care of, which meant I worked solidly from 10:30ish to 1:30ish but didn't get any writing done during those hours.

However, I eventually showered, and when I realized I was having trouble getting into the words, I did the right thing and walked over to Fillmore rather than staring at the laptop and hating myself. The walk was restorative, and I got some face cleaner at Kiehls to help me deal with my skin situation (they have some fancy tester that said my skin moisture level is only 36% and it should be 45-55% - this is definitely a #blameitonthealcohol moment). Then I stopped at Whole Foods to pick up a couple of things, and then I took some more time to decompress by making chicken tortilla soup. It's always a cure for whatever ails me, even if what is currently ailing me is my own feeling of laziness (although really, I'm not being lazy - the business side of my writing is going really well. It's just that I need to pour all that energy into words instead of spreadsheets for the next few weeks).

While the soup was cooking, I finally got an hour or so of writing in - again, not enough, but I think I figured out what was bothering me about the last couple of scenes I was working on. And then I basically procrastinated the rest of the evening. I'm going to chalk it up to residual exhaustion from yesterday, stop beating myself up, go to bed at the relatively early hour of 10:45, and dream of tomorrow (when I have a variety of fun evening plans, so while I intend to be home and in bed by midnight like a good girl, don't assume I'm dead if I still haven't blogged by 2am). Goodnight!

No comments: