Sunday, March 27, 2016

my following days are over, now i just gotta follow through

Today was consumed, as Easters in Iowa usually are, with family (my blood family, not my #familytime family). I got up at 8:30, which was approximately two hours earlier than I probably wanted to get up, and I showered and ate a snack and made some coffee before hopping aboard the [censored] train to Uncle Mark and Aunt Kathy's (note: the [censored] train was not actually a train, but rather a [censored]).

While Christmases are usually hosted at my parents' house due to proximity to Gram, Easters are always hosted by Mark and Kathy. This was the first time I was in Iowa for it in several years, but it was nice to go up and see them in their native habitat. Also, Andrew was home for his last spring break before graduating college, so we spent some quality time with him. And Kathy's brother and nephew on her side were there as well. It was a pretty lowkey affair; Aunt Becky wasn't there, and so we were not asked (forced) to hunt easter eggs, but I think we all survived.

After we'd hung out for awhile, [censored] left to go to [censored], and I rode home with my parents (and slept most of the way). Then I spent the evening doing a combo of dealing with writing-related stuff, messing around in my planner to lay out the tasks for the week ahead, and watching some fine CBS programming (tonight's lineup: 'Madam Secretary', which was great; 'Good Wife', which was mediocre; and 'Elementary', which I always love). And now I shall sleep so that I may be productive (and possibly even leave the house!) tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: