Saturday, March 26, 2016

one not-so-shining moment

After staying up until 3:30am, I did not (as you may have guessed) have the most in-it-to-win-it kind of day. I set my alarm for 11am, since I had afternoon plans, but I mostly had to drag myself out of bed and so didn't have time to shower or eat lunch or do much of anything beyond put my contacts in and make a double iced coffee for the road.

Still, I can't regret my tiredness - I'm glad I sent what I sent to my editor, and I'm hopeful that I can keep making progress this week even though I won't hear back from her for awhile. And my afternoon wasn't particularly onerous - I drove my mom over to my sister's, which is ~45mins away, and so we hung out with my sister and my youngest niece for a couple of hours. Jackie had recently painted her living room, which looked nice, and Allie is starting a new job as a nursing assistant on Monday, so that's all good.

Then my mom and I went to Walmart, which I usually despise, but I gave them some money anyway (mostly for a couple of toiletries I was running low on, plus caffeine to survive the drive home). When we got home, I took a brief nap, and then spent the evening alternating between sending emails and watching basketball. Oklahoma took care of business easily, which was fun; the Kansas game was depressing and not at all fun to watch, since neither Kansas nor Villanova were scoring well. But life goes on and I'll forget all of this by next year (or next month).

And now that I've gotten through all the business-type emails that had piled up while I was writing the last couple of weeks, I should go to bed - I have to get up earlyish to go to Uncle Mark's for Easter, and since I didn't shower today I can't pull the same 'get up late and roll into the car' move that I pulled today. Goodnight!

No comments: