Monday, March 28, 2016

switching to glide

I feel like I got a lot done today, but that didn't result in a lot of words produced...so hopefully I can change the output tomorrow. But I had my usual half-sloth, half-productive day in ye olde Iowa - I got out of bed at 10:45ish, which was way way later than I should have (and probably threw off my energy for the rest of the day). Then I ate some bacon and fried myself an egg while talking to my mom - my breakfasts in Iowa are a little more delish than the granola bars I tend to eat at Philz (although the omelettes I make when I'm not at Philz are less likely to burn me than frying an egg in bacon grease).

After that, I came downstairs and worked for awhile. I read through all the stuff that I sent to my editor in a haze at 3am the other night, and it turns out I really like what I sent her, so that's good news - we'll see if she feels the same way. Then I was going to write some new stuff, but I took a break to eat lunch, and then I had some admin-type stuff to accomplish (booking and canceling hotel rooms, dealing with taxes, etc.), so I did that instead.

Eventually, I slacked off and took my mom into town, where we bought some groceries - I'm going to make stuff for cobb salads tomorrow, since I tend to eat v. weirdly when I'm here (my parents eat a big breakfast, no lunch, and big supper, while my eating situation in SF is snacky breakfast, decent lunch, more snacks, and wine for supper). Then we went to the town where our mail comes in and visited Gloria for a bit - she's in my secret society, and I missed the meeting I had hoped to go to last Wednesday thanks to the blizzard; she's also in my mom's garden club, which my mom skipped on Friday. So we stopped by to see her and pick up some stuff my mom should have gotten at garden club, and it was good to see her - I would say more, but none of you know her, so it would interest you even less than the rest of my blog does (although she thinks that people with Parkinson's should fish more often, since her husband did amazingly well with fishing in Texas, possibly because of the movement his tremor caused for the lure. idk, ymmv.).

sssanyway. After seeing Gloria, we came home, my mom made tenderloins for supper, and I spent the evening alternating between fine CBS programming and working on admin-type stuff - I'm going to a reader event at the end of April that I need giveaways/swag for, and so I was designing stuff and ordering books for that. After several hours I feel like I made no progress, but we'll see whether I feel the same in the morning.

And now I need to sleep and force myself out of bed earlier tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: