Tuesday, April 05, 2016

came to my senses and i chilled for a bit

All in all, today was a decent reintroduction to the city of sin. The morning would have gone more smoothly if I had any food in the house (or at least milk or cream for tea or coffee), but since I did not, I took a shower, put on real clothes (unusual for me in the morning), and grabbed brunch at MyMy. Then, I went to Whole Foods and stocked up on necessities - which in my world means mostly dairy products, which is why I'm glad I'm gluten-intolerant and not lactose-intolerant. So now I have milk, cream, yogurt, string cheese, pepperjack cheese, and monterey jack cheese, in addition to some eggs and smoked salmon and avocados and bananas, so I think I might make it through the week (or at least tomorrow).

Then I came home, put away my groceries, and dealt with business-type stuff. But I couldn't hang out on my couch all afternoon - instead, I drove down to San Mateo to write with Barbara. I hadn't seen her in almost a month, so we spent way more time talking than writing - but I had expected that, and I wanted to catch up, so this was all good. And I did end up writing four pages, which is more than I would have gotten if I'd napped all afternoon, so #noregrets.

When I got home, I really wanted to curl up on my couch and sleep, but instead I ate a quick sandwich and drove down to Hayes Valley(ish) to view the dress rehearsal for the show Chandlord is doing on Wednesday. I am not an expert on Indian dance, but I was a warm body to keep an eye on whether their lines were straight and then clap approvingly at the end, so I think I served my purpose. The show should be really good - I'm guessing that anyone who reads this blog and lives in SF is also friends with Vidya and so already knows about it, but if you don't, you can buy tickets here.

After that was done, we went to Bernal Heights to pick up some alcohol from some dude (less sketchy than it sounds), and then we went to Lers Ros for a late dinner (more sketchy than it sounds, given that walking through the Tenderloin at night on my first day back reminds me why I sometimes hate living here - but the food reminds me why I sometimes love living here, so tonight was a wash). It was great to catch up, and hopefully her performance goes well (which it will!).

And now I need to sleep - I have grand writing plans tomorrow, and maybe some social plans, so sleep is imperative. Goodnight!

No comments: