Thursday, April 28, 2016

darling all i know are sad songs, sad songs

I just realized I should have gone to bed an hour ago...but there were a lot of things that I should have done tonight, and instead I got sucked into the internet. But that wasn't all bad. I got up at a reasonable hour this morning and went to Philz, where I wrote for three hours, so at least I got that done. And then I came home, made a sandwich, and spent most of the afternoon packing.

And the reason I was packing, if I didn't mention it already (I can never remember what I've already said here) is that I'm going to Milwaukee tomorrow for a reader event - it's a weekend-long thing, and I had to pack rather strategically because I had all sorts of gift-type things to take with me, which means I packed almost nothing in the way of clothes and a lot in the way of books and tea and gift bags. The event should be fun, once I get there, but I've been dreading it just a little bit - probably because I don't really feel like going to Milwaukee right now, and it's a whole weekend of social push when I really want to be writing.

But social push is probably good for me - especially since those readers will likely light a fire under me for still not having my next book out. And hey, now that I've said that, maybe that's why I'm not looking forward to it?

sssanyway. I got all packed up, and then I did some stuff (necessary stuff) on my computer, and then I messed around with very unnecessary stuff and possibly just made myself frustrated via procrastination. But c'est la vie...tomorrow is another day, most of which I will spend on a plane without internet, which means ample time for writing and no time for browsing. Goodnight!

No comments: