Thursday, April 28, 2016

go call the police, go call the governor

It should not surprise you to know that I did not get much done this morning after last night's epic reading binge. That's not entirely true - I was up by 8:30ish (shocking, given I went to bed at 2:30), and I was at my 'desk' by 9:30, and I spent most of the morning doing some random admin stuff that needed to get done, like booking flights and prepping for my weekend travel, etc. And I even wrote from home for a little bit, although that eventually devolved into a nap.

However, I rallied myself, showered, and went down to San Mateo, where I met Anne and Barbara for a writing date. I wasn't entirely productive, but I got a couple of hours of solid writing in, and I also had some excellent strategy discussions with them about some upcoming promo opportunities. And the writing even happened while I was distracted by the apparently-mentally-ill man sitting a couple of tables away from us and signing/talking to his ipod and rocking back and forth, so I think that's progress.

Eventually, I abandoned them and drove to San Carlos, where I had a drink with Shedletsky (different John than others mentioned here!), and then he and met het his wife for dinner. We all all sorts of ridiculous conversations, none of which can be repeated here. And then I came home, wanted to go to bed, and instead spent the last hour and a half doing publishing-related tasks.

But there's time for writing and other things tomorrow (but not a lot of time, since I have to pack and write and get ready for my trip). Goodnight!

No comments: