Tuesday, April 12, 2016

that's the name of the game

I should go to bed immediately, since I need to write and call my editor in the morning...so much for my self-proclaimed goal of going to bed by 10:30 every night this week. Today was pretty productive, though - I spent the whole day working from home, with a break in the middle to shower/procrastinate/eat a grilled cheese sandwich (which was pretty tasty, if I do say so myself), and a break around five to go to Philz and get a coffee + coffee beans for future homemade coffee rounds.

The writing was going pretty well today, I would say - I'm replotting the first part and doing the necessary edits to make it all flow, and I wrote five pages of a new opening scene, so that was all good. But I couldn't work all night...John came over to grab the stuff he left here Saturday evening after the Lodi excursion/before the tapas excursion, so I ended up feeding him the rest of my spaghetti amatriciana.

Then I was going to make him watch 'Sahara', since he's never seen it and his cultural education is sorely lacking, but he appears to want to stay ignorant, so we watched 'Tropic Thunder' instead. I hadn't seen that since seeing it in the theatre (on September 4, 2008, with Adit and Oniel), so it was almost like seeing it from scratch again, and I thought it was super funny this time as well. After that, we watched a lot of YouTube videos and trailers, which is apparently what the kids do these days. And then he went home, and I cleaned up the kitchen and took care of various and sundry tasks.

And now I must sleep so I can write all the words tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: