Thursday, April 21, 2016

twelve souls from now you and me will still be here

Today was not ideal from a productivity standpoint...I woke up fairly early and then decided to change my sheets and wash my duvet cover, which is always a sign I'm procrastinating (I change my sheets regularly, but the duvet doesn't get washed as often as it should). I did some writing in the morning as well, but I mostly frittered away the afternoon by reading about Prince and going down internet rabbit-holes and texting various friends and family. Oops.

But I buckled down later in the afternoon and got some decent work done, so whatever. And then I walked down to Hayes Valley to have drinks at Fig and Thistle with someone I used to work with - she and I knew each other a lifetime ago, but she recently joined the team I used to manage, and so we'd set this up a couple of weeks ago so that I could share some industry knowledge with her and generally catch up. But this turned into a gossip session extraordinaire since we know a lot of the same people, which means we didn't actually talk industry knowledge or share anything in our personal lives at all. Lolololol. Still, although my mind is blown, and I think I blew her mind as well, it was a delightful way to spend three hours (even if I should have eaten way more than I did tonight...c'est la vie).

And then I came home, and now I'm going to crawl into my freshly-made bed and sleep and dream of purple rain. Goodnight!

No comments: